What Happens to Your Data?
Like you, I care about the protection of privacy, both online and offline.
( Updated December 5 2019 )
I do not, will not, sell your data, ever.
I do not, will not, spam you.
Any information gathered about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms (including your name, contact details, and birth details) will never be sold or deliberately shared with any other parties, apart from the following exceptions:
- if required to do so by law;
- in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the Third Party Services I use, below);
- if expressly requested to do so by you in writing (by email)
—example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors.
While I take great care to protect your personal data, if at any time you want your personal data altered, or deleted from my devices or server, you have that right. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in that instance.
Also, while I have great trust in the reputation of the third-party services I have chosen to employ in my work for you, I cannot take responsibility for their own security systems.
1. Third Party Services I Use
- Typeform automatically send your form data, initial email, or survey answers to me at both my private, encrypted Swiss email account at ProtonMail (which I do not use for any other purpose), and my Spark email client, created by Readdle, an award-winning software company.
- Your Booking Form is now stored only on an external hard drive as a PDF document (as soon as your initial session has been completed) and is password-protected. It is not stored in my Email apps, but is deleted from them after I’ve downloaded it to my computer for preparing your chart.
- Any further email correspondence I have with you is generated via the Spark email apps (on my Mac OS and iOS devices).
- My websites and email accounts are hosted by InMotion Hosting, which has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (USA and Canada).
- I offer secure online credit/debit card processing on this ExceptionalPurpose.com website via Stripe, an internationally recognised online platform currently serving 100,000+ businesses in 100+ countries across nearly every industry on the globe. I never have access to your credit/debit card information.
This ExceptionalPurpose.com website is also encrypted for your security (note the https and lock icon in the address bar for all pages on my websites: check this for any site where you are sharing your data!), even though all transactions occur on the Stripe server, not my ExceptionalPurpose.com (InMotion Hosting) server.
My private Stripe dashboard (at Stripe.com) allows me to see only your name, email address, billing address associated with your payment amount, payment date, and type of card used (VISA, Mastercard, etc).
- I use Zapier to securely and automatically populate my mailing list (stored on the MailChimp server, see #1.8) from your online Stripe payments to me. If you do not wish to receive any correspondence from me in the future, you can either unsubscribe easily from within the next newsletter email (though, I don’t send them often) or contact me to request removal from my newsletter list and/or from my email Contacts list altogether—it’s your prerogative.
- As of December 30 2018, I now use my private Sync.com cloud account to briefly store your audio MP3 recording(s) from your session(s) for your exclusive download. Though I now need you to be diligent in downloading all your files as quickly as possible after receiving your private link, as Sync has now restricted the number of links that can be active at any one time on my current plan. So, I may on occasion have to use my Dropbox account for this purpose.
- I use Microsoft’s Skype app for live video/audio session calls. (I am no longer able to use FaceTime, as Apple has reconfigured their privacy settings on the Mojave and Catalina operating systems to prevent the recording of FaceTime calls on any Apple device.
2. Session Recordings
- Sessions booked to be more than one hour in duration are digitally recorded for you as mp3 audio files, and it is your own responsibility to keep that file secure at your end.
- This is how I keep your audio file secure at my end:
I store a digital mp3 copy of your audio session(s) only on a separate external drive, and for a limited time, as a reference for me in fulfilling further work for your ongoing or future sessions.
- You will be able to access the audio file again, at no charge from me, if you lose it while I still have a copy. I can’t keep them for years, though, due to their size and the expense—and clutter!—of storage devices.
- I don’t store your recordings in the cloud, apart from the brief interval (one week) when you can access and download your mp3 audio file from my sync.com cloud account (as above, see #1.9) I may now have to use Dropbox occasionally for this purpose (see 1.9).
- Uploading your audio file(s) to the sync.com cloud service allows me to offer you one week for exclusive access to your own audio file(s) only, via the private encrypted link I will email to you, strictly so that you may download your file(s) for your private use.
I will delete your audio file from the sync.com cloud asap after you have alerted me that you have successfully downloaded your file(s). I cannot store these large files in the cloud indefinitely, and it is up to you to download your file as soon as possible after I alert you that it is ready for download. (Please see #10 of the Terms and Conditions, below, on your use of my Sync account.)
- All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if I share anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent for you, I expect you to also honour my own privacy.
This also means that no part of your audio recording(s)is to be distributed publicly, via digital or material means, as it must be kept private for you. Though, you can share your realisations and general information with others, of course, as you see fit.
- I store a paper and a digital copy of your astrology chart from our session(s) indefinitely as a resource for any future work you may need from me at any time.
- Your digital basic computer-calulated astrology chart, which includes your birth details, is stored privately in my astrology apps on my devices for any future work you may require from me. Your birthchart and birth details are never shared.
- I don’t write client report files about you (but I do store what you have included in your Booking Form—see #1.3), apart from creating the personal Suggested Resources PDF files I email to you, as your astrology chart itself is shorthand for me and unintelligible to most other people, including many astrologers! You will receive an emailed digital PDF or JPG copy of your messy asteroid ‘work-chart’ via email after your session(s) with me.
- Offering a testimonial for my use on my websites implies you are happy with me using your testimonial on any of my websites and my promotional material. I will not publish your testimonial on social media sites, unless I have your written permission and for an express purpose.
- Any testimonials you have offered that are published on my websites can be deleted or edited at your will. Please contact me for any changes, and I will implement them asap.
6. Comments (on my two blog sites and podcast site)
- After approval of your comment, your Gravatar profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
Personal Recommendation regarding the GDPR Legislation
I recommend you check out as much information as you can regarding the new GDPR legislation from the European Union, whether as a site visitor or a website owner. It ultimately applies to all of us, regardless of where we live. As a website visitor, you will have extra rights to all of your online stored data, globally, as of May 25 2018.
Data-harvesting is currently the biggest money-spinner in the world, leading to companies being sold for millions or billions of dollars purely for the personal data they have harvested from their customers and subscribers. You now have rights.
As a website/blog visitor, you will automatically have rights to all of your online stored data from European Union websites, as of May 25 2018. Though, all websites, globally, will now have to follow the same privacy and data practices, as EU visitors will be accessing websites globally, and can claim their privacy and personal data rights globally under EU law.
As a website/blog owner outside the EU, you will benefit from complying with the new GDPR legislation. This will not only protect you and your business from any future litigation hassles, but you will be building trust with your site visitors, customers, and clients. You will also be contributing to this much needed global benefit for all of us. The GDPR legislation has been put in place to make the internet safer for everyone.
Terms & Conditions
Updated Feb 18 2019
I’m referring to myself in the 3rd Person, here, for legal terminology.
‘Kerrie’ refers to Kerrie Redgate, the person who’s services you will be engaging for the astrology sessions and astrology courses described on this website;
‘birth data’ refers to your birth date, birth place, and birth time.
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie (evident in your Booking Form), Kerrie cannot take any responsibility. Please make sure your correct birth data has been entered into the Booking Form. This is your responsibility. (See the next two points for details.)
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie and is discovered after the session has been completed (apart from very minor minute-increments of the birth time), no refund for your session is possible.
If you wish to proceed with a new session based on your correct birth data, you will have to pay the full session fee again for Kerrie to research your chart with the new data for a completely new session for you.
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie and is discovered at the start of your session, causing the session to be terminated at that point, you will forfeit your 50% Deposit only (rather than paying the full session fee) on the condition that you reschedule and commit to a new session with the correct birth data. In this case you will then need to pay the full fee for that new session, as Kerrie will need to spend considerable time researching the new chart.
If you do not wish to reschedule, the balance on the full fee for the original session will still need to be paid.
- If Kerrie has made an error inputting your birth data to create your chart, Kerrie will take full responsibility for this and will reschedule a session for you and will compensate you by giving you extra time (minimum one hour) during the session, with only the normal balance to be paid for your session. Your Booking Form protects you in this instance as there is a record of your own data input.
- The 50% Deposit (of the full fee) will not be refunded for cancellations made within 3 days of the appointment date. Though, for emergency cases, Kerrie is open to negotiating a new appointment date without you forfeiting your deposit.
- While Kerrie recommends other therapists in good faith, including kinesiologists for birth time checks, Kerrie cannot be held responsible for their results.
- The information offered to you through Kerrie’s private sessions and courses is to be considered advisory and not predictive, as it is still your responsibility to do the work to fulfill your own potential. Kerrie is only a guide in this process.
- If you have any problems with Kerrie’s services, please contact Kerrie privately and directly so the problem can be rectified for you to the best of Kerrie’s abilities. These sessions and courses are for your benefit, and Kerrie’s aim is to be of the highest service to you.
- All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if Kerrie shares anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent to you, it is expected that you also honour her own privacy.
- You agree to not use Kerrie’s Sync.com cloud service to live-stream your audio file(s) for listening, as Kerrie uses Sync’s free option to enable a free download service to you, which means there is a limited data transfer allowance each month, and your extra access could prevent the uploading or downloading of other clients’ files.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your trust!
— Kerrie Redgate