Like you, I care about the protection of privacy, both online and offline.
And the EU’s new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) affects us all. Below are the ways I use and store your data:
( Updated May 24 2018 )
I do not, will not, sell your data, ever.
I do not, will not, spam you.
Any information gathered about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms (including your name, contact details, and birth details) will never be sold; and will never be deliberately shared with any other parties, apart from the following exceptions:
- if required by law to do so;
- in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the Third Party Services I use, below);
- if expressly requested to do so by you in writing (by email)
—example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors.
While I take great care to protect your personal data, if at any time you want your personal data altered, or deleted from my devices or server, you have that right. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in that instance.
1. Third Party Services I Use
- Typeform automatically send your form data, initial email, or survey answers to me at both my private, encrypted Swiss email account at ProtonMail (which I do not use for any other purpose), and my Spark email client, created by Readdle, an award-winning software company.
- Your Booking Form is stored on my computer, and on an external hard-drive, as a PDF document and is password-protected. It is not stored in my Email apps, but is deleted from them after I have downloaded it to my computer.
- Any further email correspondence I have with you is generated via the Spark email apps (on my Mac OS and iOS devices).
- My websites and email accounts are hosted by InMotion Hosting, which has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (USA and Canada).
- I offer secure online credit/debit card processing on my ExceptionalPurpose.com website via Stripe, an internationally recognised online company currently serving 100,000+ businesses in 100+ countries across nearly every industry on the globe. This BodhimindEssences.comwebsite will soon offer online payments; but until then, all payment procedures are accessed at my ExceptionalPurpose.com site (see the httpsand lock icon in the address bar for all pages on my sites, and for any site where you are sharing your data), even though all transactions occur on the Stripe server, not my ExceptionalPurpose.com (InMotion Hosting) server.
- I use either my personal Dropbox or Google Drive cloud accounts to briefly store the audio MP3 recording of your session(s), to offer you exclusive access to download your own audio file from the private link I email to you.
- I use Zapier to automatically populate my mailing list (stored on the MailChimp server, as above) from your online Stripe payments to me. If you do not wish to receive any correspondence from me in the future, you can either unsubscribe easily from within the next newsletter (though, I don’t send them often) or contact me to request removal from my newsletter list and/or from my email Contacts list altogether—no questions asked, it’s your prerogative.
2. Session Recordings
- Sessions booked to be more than one hour in duration are digitally recorded for you as mp3 audio files, and it is your own responsibility to keep that file secure at your end.
- This is how I keep your audio file secure at my end:
I keep a digital mp3 copy of these audio session(s) only on a separate external drive, and for a limited time, as a reference for further work for you during your sessions.
- You will be able to access the audio file again, at no charge from me, if you lose it, while it is still in my possession. I can’t keep them for years, though, due to their size and the expense—and clutter!—of storage devices.
- I don’t store your recordings in the cloud, apart from the brief interval when you can access and download your mp3 file from my Dropbox or Google Drive cloud accounts (as above).
- All Consultations (discussions and written material) are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if I share anything personal with you during your session that may be pertinent for you, I expect you to also honour my own privacy.
- I don’t write client files about you (but I do store what you have included in your Booking Form—as described above), apart from creating the personal Suggested Resources PDF files I email to you, as your astrology chart itself is shorthand for me and unintelligible to most other people, including many astrologers!
- This site uses the Google Analytics cookies to collect your general usage data for analytics processing only. However, I have activated ‘IP-anonymization’ on my websites (your IP address is therefore truncated) to prevent personally identifiable information or associations about you being sent to Google.
- Google Analytics records my site’s anonymous visitors’ movements around my website, the time visitors spend on each page, demographics such as country or city location, and type of device (mobile, iOS, Apple, Windows, etc).
- The ‘Peristent Cookies’ (text files) in your browser are also set to expire after one month.
- You also have the option to switch Cookies off altogether via the “No” button in the Cookies bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when you first open this website.
If you have any security concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Any testimonials you have offered that are published on this site can be deleted or altered at your will. Please contact me for any changes, and I will implement them asap.
I recommend you check out as much information as you can regarding the new GDPR legislation from the European Union, whether a site visitor or a website owner. It ultimately applies to all of us, regardless of where we live. As a website visitor, you will have extra rights to all of your online stored data, globally, as of May 25 2018.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your trust!
— Kerrie Redgate
Terms & Conditions:
Updated July 4 2017 AEST
(Sorry: I’m referring to myself in the 3rd Person, for the legal terminology.
‘Kerrie’ refers to Kerrie Redgate, the person who’s services you will be engaging for the astrology sessions and astrology courses described on this site;
‘birth data’ refers to your birth date, birth place, and birth time)
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie (evident in your Booking Form), Kerrie cannot take any responsibility. Please make sure your correct birth data has been entered into the Booking Form. This is your responsibility. (See the next two points for details.)
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie and is discovered after the session has been completed (apart from very minor minute-increments of the birth time), no refund for your session is possible, and you may have to pay the full session fee again for Kerrie to research your chart with the new data and to do a completely new session for you, if you wish to proceed with a new session.
- If incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie and is discovered at the start of your session, causing the session to be terminated at that point, you will forfeit your 50% Deposit only (rather than paying the full session fee) on the condition that we reschedule and commit to another session for which you will then need to pay the full fee. If you do not wish to reschedule, the balance on the full fee will need to be paid.
- If Kerrie has made an error inputting your birth data to create your chart, Kerrie will take full responsibility for this and will reschedule a session for you and will compensate you by giving you extra time (approximately an hour) during the session, with only the normal balance to be paid at the end of your session. Your Booking Form protects you in this instance as there is a record of your own data input.
- The 50% Deposit (of the full fee) will not be refunded for cancellations made within 3 days of the appointment date. Though, for emergency cases, Kerrie is open to negotiating a new appointment date without you forfeiting your deposit.
- While Kerrie recommends other therapists in good faith, including kinesiologists for birth time checks, Kerrie cannot be held responsible for their results.
- The information offered to you through Kerrie’s private sessions and courses is to be considered advisory and not predictive, as it is still your responsibility to do the work to fulfill your own potential. Kerrie is only a guide in this process.
- If you have any problems with Kerrie’s services, please contact Kerrie privately and directly so the problem can be rectified for you to the best of Kerrie’s abilities. These sessions and courses are for your benefit, and Kerrie’s aim is to be of the highest service to you.
So, let’s get it right, at the beginning!