Who is Kerrie Redgate ?
I started practising Hatha Yoga in 1968—people thought I was weird.
I started meditating in 1973 — people thought I was bizarre.
I became a vegan in 1976 — people thought I was crazy.
I started buying organic foods in the late ’70s — people thought I was nuts.
I then tried to encourage wholegrains & fibre in their diet — people thought I was mad.
I warned of the dangers of refined white sugar back in 1976 — people thought I was silly.
I became a Reiki channel in 1986 — people thought I was a looney.
I also became a serious astrologer in 1986 — people (though not my clients!) thought I was insane.
Time has proven I wasn’t wrong or nuts — just a little ahead of my time.
. . . AND I STILL AM !
- Astrological Researcher
- Astrology Teacher
- Reiki Teacher
- Flower Essence Therapist
- RedgateSpace: Sabotage-Free Living
- Award-Winning Author
- Read/Download Kerrie’s AUTHOR INTERVIEW with Soul Wings® Press (pdf)
Kerrie Redgate: Astrological Researcher
- began consulting with astrology in 1986, after 10 prior years of astrological study (with two teachers) and ongoing research, while also working for various ‘startups’ (of those times), keeping them on-track ethically (this was great background experience for helping people now with their careers)
- the developer of a genuinely unique, uplifting system of Astrology as a science of Mind, incorporating Buddhist psycho-philosophy & principles, to assist clients with personal spiritual development & life purpose
- a specialist in using astrological interpretation to uncover the individual causes of insidious self-sabotage patterns (unconscious anxiety) that block career, talents, personal relationships, & health
- a specialist in using astrological interpretation to design exceptional careers beyond the mundane, for highest life purpose expression
- pioneered a new way to work with a database of thousands of asteroids (now over 19,000) as the ‘body-text’ of the astrology chart, thanks to advances in computer software for astrologers (see my Asteroid Software Reviews page)
Kerrie Redgate: Consultant
Note: What I do sounds so bizarre that people can’t quite get their heads around it, until they actually experience a session. Interpreting the energy frequencies from your moment of birth is like reading your DNA—but with with more personal and spiritual detail! Here goes:
- articulating your higher aspirations and potentials while clearly defining your underlying motivation for incarnating (using thousands of asteroid positions as the ‘body-text’ of your life-plan)
- providing a positive, insightful, spiritual & pragmatic approach
- encouraging dialogue rather than a monologue of information, maintaining an open, relaxed, light, & often humorous ambience
- relating the ‘why’ of your life-issues and aspirations = Insight
- focusing mainly on career/life-purpose direction, and sleuthing-out & eliminating subtle-sabotage, for ‘living with exceptional purpose’
Kerrie Redgate: Astrology Teacher
- an enthusiastic educator, astrology teacher since 1991 (after teaching some Beginners classes for Garry Wiseman’s course in 1986)
- founded a curriculum based on extensive explorations into the scientific, metaphysical, spiritual, & practical aspects of astrology
- new courses:
Living With Exceptional Purpose (personal/career skills);
Yogacara Professional Astrology (professional astrology skills);
‘Healing the Source: Working with Flower Essences’ (online in 2018)
Kerrie Redgate: Reiki Teacher
- Reiki practitioner since 1986
- Reiki Sensei (Teacher) since 1997
- honouring the Buddhist roots of Reiki
- See the website: BodhimindReiki.com
Kerrie Redgate: Flower Essence Therapist
- personally using flower essences since 1984
- practising flower essence therapist since 1986
- using flower essences from several reputable ranges around the world
- designer of 90 comprehensive flower essence formulas from various ranges
- speaker at the 3rd International Flower Essence Conference, Sydney Australia 1992
- Please visit my newly redesigned BodhimindEssences.com site for more information on flower essences and my Formulas for you
Kerrie Redgate: Specialist in spotting Environmental Self-Sabotage
(this is different from Geomancy)
- Began clinical research into Feng Shui and healing spaces from 1993, incorporating it into Astrology sessions—founded new research results in environmental self-sabotage
- 1994: lectured to Sydney Feng Shui Society (first Feng Shui organisation in NSW—now disbanded)
- now offering the ‘RedgateSpace’ service: home and office advice to clear subtle self-sabotage based on the client’s astrological chart with basic Feng Shui (Bagua) principles
Kerrie Redgate: Award-Winning Author
- contributed the chapter “Is It the Body Or the Mind That Travels?” to the award-winning Soul Wings®Press anthology Planet Whispers: Wisdom from Soul Travelers around the World.
National Best Book Awards 2012—USA Book News Award-Winning Finalist: Best Anthology: Non-Fiction (available in paper and ebook formats).
- contributed a chapter to Ian White’s third book, Australian Bush Flower Healing, on “The Astrology of an Essence” (on the birth chart of the Alpine Mint Bush essence) (Apologies: the TransWorld editor, for some reason, published my first rough draft, which was consequently also severely edited!) Now translated into Portuguese, German, & Italian.
- published articles (pre-internet years) in a number of Australian-based international magazines
- currently editing a series of my research books, which will be published initially as ebooks (several at the same time, and as a ‘box set’) on a number of platforms in 2018, to be followed by paper-format versions. If you are interested, please join my Exceptional Purpose list (‘Get It Here’ button, below) for updates on availability (and articles, free Resource Guides downloads, and other news of possible interest).
- The Scrivener app (for MacOS, Windows, & iOS) by Literature & Latte, has changed my life as a writer! A dream!
- If you would like to contribute your deepest questions regarding the topics I’m writing about, please use my Book Series Queries survey to let me know, as my life’s work has involved a huge amount of personal study, clinical research, and brain-storming over the past several decades (as I’ve had so many questions, myself!), and I want to share as much as possible with you!
Your Curiosity Matters To Me!
Try the Book Series Queries SURVEY
What are your deepest questions about my areas of research?
I may be able to answer them for everyone in my book series
(Easy! The survey will guide you through
. . . AND it’s encrypted!)
Kerrie Redgate: Speaker/Educator
- lectures to various astrological, metaphysical & conference groups
- taught comprehensive astrology courses in Sydney for 7 years from 1991; and later in Canberra.
- only astrologer to speak at 3rd International Flower Essence Conference, Sydney Australia, 1992
- interviewed on Sydney and Canberra radio stations
- featured in double TV episodes of ‘Conversations With Robyn’ in 2006 (series screened on TVS and Foxtel Aurora, Australia), featuring also Dr Neil Hair (more clips from these programs will be available to view on this site soon)
- studied HTML & CSS to create my first website (though, this one is WordPress)
- The Buddhadharma (practising Buddhist, officially from 1996)
- Special Study: Yogacara Buddhist Psychology (since 1998)
- Taoist Philosophy; also Zen & Macrobiotic studies (since 1976)
(image: “The Tao”—my first attempt, decades ago, at calligraphy with real brush and ink block. This can now be done on an iPad!)
- Astrology foundations: Malcolm Utley (Cosmobiology, from 1976); Garry Wiseman (NASOA; 1986-7); international live speakers & authors, too many to name
- Astronomy/Cosmology: Thunderbolts Project (Electric Universe model), especially via Wallace Thornhill, David Talbott, Don Scott, Michael Clarage
- Business inspiration: seminars/books/blogs by: Lionel Fifield (mid-80s), Dr John Demartini, Dale Beaumont, Michael E Gerber, Siimon Reynolds, Napoleon Hill, Guy Kawasaki, Sir Richard Branson, Seth Godin, Stephen Covey, Garr Reynolds, Todd Henry, the CopyBlogger team, Joanna Penn, the Flying Solo (Aus & NZ) online community . . .
- Worked in a number of new businesses (from their day 1 or 2!) in the mid-70s to mid-80s in various fields and in various positions (while also singing professionally), interacting with customers/clients, often as the face or voice of the company; keeping the companies on track, ethically, for success. A great experience in general career diversity and the effects of ethical strategies.
- I’m still practising Hatha Yoga, and all those things I mentioned at the top of this page
- And even though I still avoid refined sugar and dairy in anything, I do allow myself two pieces of chocolate mudcake per year, one on my birthday (notice I didn’t say how large they could be!)
- Have been writing since I was 6 years old: poems, short stories, a play; started a novel at age 10; lyrics for hundreds of my songs (some published with my last band); two contributions to anthologies (as above); still working on my book series linking astrology and consciousness (as above)—some ebooks due for publication in 2018 (I will be releasing several at the same time, and also as a box set)
- Was a professional rock (+jazz/blues) singer for a decade, mid-70s to mid-80s; I still sing in the car! I have deleted my SoundCloud account but I will soon upload some very roughly recorded live sample pieces from my past to my (new version) Kerrie-Redgate.com Portfolio website, as well as my first entirely made on iPad musical piece with uncharacteristically minimalist vocals (when I was testing the internal mic on my first iPad!). I have a little Buddhist mantra on YouTube—it’s also on one of my BodhimindReiki.com pages
- Have played guitar since age 10; still dabble on piano when I have the chance, but now more on the iPad
- Avid Steve Morse fan
- Doctor Who fan since I was a little kid (when the series first screened in Australia in black & white). The asteroid #3325 TARDIS is at my Sun–Moon midpoint, and also at my Jupiter–Pallas Athena midpoint! Favourite Doctors: Peter Capaldi (the quintessential Doctor!) and David Tennant (of course!).
- Non-fiction books are my greatest attachment (thank heavens for ebooks or I would have needed a much bigger apartment!)
- A practising (official) Buddhist by lifestyle and philosophy
- Kiva is my favourite ‘charity’ (but not really a charity, more of a solution): “Empower people around the world with a $25 loan”
- Happy to say I am not on FaceBook!
- I have had many dear friends in this life, including horses, dogs, cats, birds, fish, and cows. . . I don’t eat them! All life is precious (cockroaches, mosquitoes and only bothersome spiders are escorted outside in a special jar) Please note: a bug’s life may not mean much to you, but it means a hell of a lot to the bug.
via my newsletter to receive more information related to these services;
and advanced notice on the publishing dates of my book series;
PLUS: my Resource Guides series exclusively for my Subscribers from the next newsletter.
And right now you can also get my 2008 Insight Magazine article
on our current world paradigm (we’re only half-way through!)